Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Connecticut Blogger Meetup at Las Vetas Fairfield CT

A few weeks ago the Connecticut Blogging Community (#CTBloggers) held a blogger meetup at Las Vetas Lounge in Fairfield CT.

It was the cutest and brightest little place located right in downtown Fairfield!  It's just steps from the railroad station with lots of fun shops and boutiques surrounding the entire downtown area.



It's called a "lounge" - but it's actually a great little coffee shop that offers munchies like sandwiches and stuff!

What a great time we had!

Although Nicole from OberBargain had arranged the meetup, she was unable to attend. But she was there in spirit because I saved a barstool for her in our mutually favorite color of "Banana Republic" yellow!

Nicole knows Banana Republic is one of my FAVORITE stores...so she always shares info from their upcoming sales with me!  (thanks Nicole!  Missed you!)

Nicole's website ==> OberBargain always has great info on discounts, bargains, and sales! Check it out!


Wendy from Connecticut Bloggers gave a great information session on SEO (search engine optimization) and "no follow" links.  Wendy and her husband Greg also run the blogs  Sweeties Picks,(books) Sweeties Reviews, (product and party reviews) in addition to Connecticut Bloggers (everything CT!). They have even more web blogs - did I mention they blog a lot!?

I also got to meet some bloggers who I've been following but hadn't met before! Below is Joe (left) from Nutmeg Junction, a great little cartoon about Tony the Trolley and his escapades all around Connecticut. Joe and co-creator Jessica Ponticelli also feature their Nutmeg Junction work on Ann Nybergs Network Connecticut.

On the right is Dana from Mastering Mommy Brain - a cute blog about, well, Mastering Mommy Brain, of course!  Dana shares recipes, toddler tips, and some of her secrets for juggling work and family, with one on the way!!!

I also got to meet Latanya from the blog Sprinkles and Booze. Latanya is a fun blogger  with a great quirky sense of humor! Her funny status updates on facebook and observations on twitter always leave me smiling! Follow her!

In addition, I finally got to meet Chelle of Everyday Polish - a great lifestyle blog, about making it all work. You know, fitting in work, life, friends, blogging, beauty.  Chelle helps us "have it all"!

And I was able to catch up with some of the other amazing bloggers I've met before that were there!
Left, April, who also has a boatload of blogs, but my two favorites are Crafting the Magic (hobby blog) and Land of Melted Clocks, one of my very favorite personal reflection blogs. April is always honest with her feelings and makes you realize that you're not alone on this journey we call life.
On the right is the magnificent Jenny of Sweet Jenny's CT. Jenny bakes like a demon...and her blog simplifies things so well that it makes me feel like I can bake like a demon too! Her food pics are AMAZING!


Last, but certainly not least, my three old blogging buddies:
Natasha (left) from One Woman's Style Evolution, a fashion and beauty blog for those of us 40+ and over a size 10!  Hilary (middle), of My Own Blog Review, who lets me live vicariously through her and does fabulous fashion recaps, and product reviews, and Erin (right), from Accidentally Stylish, a fashion and beauty blog, who loves to find thrifty vintage pieces!


I would be remiss if I didn't send a big thank you to Whole Foods Market who provided us with a great gift bag full of snack and protein bars, candles, chapsticks, and all sorts of goodies!

and Shirley J's Mugging, who provided a cooking mug for a future review. This product is fool proof! Just add the ingredients in the mug and bake a dessert for one!  Sounds good to me!  Look for my recap of this product soon!




If you're in the area, stop at Las Vetas Lounge, 27 Unquowa Rd, Fairfield CT. 

It's a fun place!

For more pictures of our meet up - visit and like the Home Place facebook page HERE


Do you have any favorite places to meet up with friends?

I'd love to hear about it in the comments below!

18 comments:

  1. Great photos Bonnie. What was going on with Greg? Lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Guess he has heard Wendy say it all before! What a great time we had! Can't wait til' the next one!

      Delete
  2. Ahhhh I was too engrossed in the discussion to be camera ready for my close-up but eh, gotta love it anyway! :) And these are great photos!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You look great in your close up! So engrossed in thought! Wendy must have been saying something important. My camera was killing me with the back light, but I'm glad I was able to get a shot of everyone.

      Delete
  3. Great write up featuring all the bloggers who attended. There are so many wonderful bloggers in the CT Bloggers Group and you so harmoniously highlighted those at the meet up on such a personable level...and even someone who couldn't attend. You have me humbled! We are lucky to have you as a fellow blogger and friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We missed you Nicole! Thank you so much for your kind words!

      Delete
  4. Bonnie you are so kind and warmhearted!! I am blessed to have met you!! Thank you for the kind words. I love reading your work, such finesse with words! I love this!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! Jenny, you are too kind! Thank you so much! It has been a pleasure meeting with you, and I'm looking forward to continuing our friendship!

      Delete
  5. Looks like fun as usual. Garden bloggers are meeting in San Francisco this coming weekend for the annual Garden Bloggers Fling. If I didn't just get back from a garden friends vacation I probably would have attended.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue, you have to join our CT Blogging Community! Our get-togethers are monthly and are always fun times!
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/connecticutbloggers/

      Delete
  6. Haha, Greg looks like that all of the time. We call it the "serial killer" look! And wow, such great photos Bonnie! Thanks for the wonderful post. Maybe I use your collage at the bottom of the post on our Blogger page on the CT site? I will link back to this post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy, of course you can use any of them! I can put together one of all of us if you like.

      Delete
  7. Had a wonderful time meeting everyone! Thanks for the post Bonnie! I hope even if I cant get to the next meet up, maybe the one after that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds like they will be happening with frequency! WOO-HOO!
      Can't wait to meet up again!

      Delete
  8. BONNIE! you are the best...thanks for sharing such a great write up of our fun afternoon. You captured the experience perfectly...and I love all the candid shots! Since it was my first meet up, I know to be prepared for you and your camera in the future ;)
    Was wonderful to meet you in person!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dana! We had such a fun time didn't we! I can't wait til' the next ones and am certain that Wendy will have some great ideas for us.

      Delete
  9. What a fun time, and great photos!! One of these days, I'll be there, too! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yes, you definitely have to come to one of these meetups! We have such fun and I love meeting all the great bloggers I've been reading! I want to meet the craft queen, QueenVanna!

      Delete

Real Time Web Analytics