Pirates To Invade Downtown Mystic
September 30 – October 2
Fun for the whole family!
Swashbucklin’ fun for the whole family during the annual Mystic Pirate Invasion Friday-Sunday, September 30 – October 2!
Landlubbers beware! Pirates be on their way to make landfall in Mystic this October. The rowdy arrival will bring swashbucklin’ fun for the whole family at the 4th Annual Mystic Pirate Invasion to be held in downtown Mystic from Friday, September 30 to Sunday, October 2. Visitors will enjoy a sea battle among pirates and militia and food and drink specials at local restaurants and pubs. In addition, guests will find rousing merriment at costume contests, treasure hunts, and kids’ pirate crafts.
The 4th Annual Mystic Pirate Invasion kicks off on Friday, September 30 with an outdoor showing of “Hook” at Mystic River Park, followed by pirate-themed food and drink specials at several downtown restaurants on Saturday, October 1 with shifty, sneering pirates roaming the streets of Mystic.
Then, on Sunday, October 2 at 12:00 p.m. noon, the marauding pirates will invade downtown Mystic from the schooner Argia docked at Mystic River. Visitors will either cheer the militia or raise a Jolly Roger to pledge allegiance to the invading pirates as they engage in an epic sea battle. Little buccaneers and older swashbucklers alike can show-off their best pirate garb in the Pirate Costume Contest at the Ancient Mariner restaurant on West Main Street, while the young (or young at heart) can show off their pirate skills during creative pirate-themed crafts displays on the shores of the Mystic River. In addition, visitors will also enjoy balloons, face painting and more at Mystic River Park, and have the opportunity to participate in a local treasure hunt that travels through historic downtown Mystic collecting pieces of treasure from participating shops.
The 4th Annual Mystic Pirate InvasionFriday, September 30 to Sunday, October 2
Schedule of Events:
Friday, September 30
- “Hook” movie showing, Mystic River Park, 6:30 p.m.
Saturday, October 1
- Pirate Crafts, Mystic Noank Library, all day
- 11:00 a.m., Wii U Gaming Club, Pirates of the Caribbean, Mystic Noank Library
- 3:30-5:00 p.m., Petting Zoo, Mystic Noank Library
- 4:00-7:00 p.m., Costume Contest, Harp & Hound
- 6:00 p.m., Costume Contest, Ancient Mariner
Sunday, October 2
- Facepainting and Balloon creations, Mystic River Park, All Day
- 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., Kids Treasure Hunt (map pick up), Mystic River Park
- 11:00-11:45 a.m., Sirena and the Sirens and Mystic's Mermaids
- 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., Kids Crafts, Mystic River Park with Michael's
- 12:00 p.m., Pirates arrive on Argia, Mystic River Park
- 12:00-1:00 p.m., Kidnappings - Hostages for Ransom, to benefit TBBCF
- 1:00 p.m., Militia arrives - SEA BATTLE! Symfoni docks, Steamboat Wharf
- 1:00 p.m., Pirate Story Time, Bank Square Books, 53 West Main St.
- 2:00 p.m., Costume Contest, Mystic River Park
- 4:00 p.m., Pirates depart aboard Argia, Symfoni docks, Steamboat Wharf
- 5:00 p.m., Special Haunted History Pirate Tour, Mystic River Park
For more information, please visit facebook.com/mysticpirates