Elm City Market to Hold Special Events in March 2015
All are welcome to drop by the market for International Women’s Day, March Mardis Gras, Soul de Cuba, a Night of Noodles, and Cheese 101; the market will also hold special discount days
Elm City Community Market, Inc., an employee-owned marketplace located in the heart of New Haven, Conn announced that it will be holding several tasting events and celebrations throughout the month of March. At these events, patrons are invited to enjoy various foods and celebrate special days throughout the month while learning about the history and preparation of several ethnic dishes.
“This month, we’re holding a Day of Indulgence just for women, March Mardis Gras, a Night of Noodles, a special Cheese 101 event focusing just on sheep’s milk cheeses, and much more,” said Elm City Market event organizer Alexa Apotria. “Customers also won’t want to miss our $2 off our house-made hot bar every weekday in March from 3 to 5 pm, and National Cold Cut Day discounts on March 3.”
Special tasting events include:
- March 8 – A Day of Indulgence: March 8th is International Women’s Day, and Elm City Market will celebrate by inviting all women to shop on this day and enjoy free minute massages, delectable samples throughout the store and special prize giveaways. Some wellness items will also be available for purchase at a discounted rate. All day.
- March 10 – Mardi Gras ECM Style!: At 5:30 pm, Elm City Market invites all patrons to celebrate Mardi Gras in March, as it displays the tastes of New Orleans for customers to sample and purchase.
- March 19 - Soul de Cuba @ ECM: Soul de Cuba returns to Elm City Market to stir up some culturally inspired dishes through the Cuban and African tradition of food and art. Patrons are invited to enjoy this cooking demonstration at 5:30 pm.
- March 20 – A Night of Noodles: Elm City Market will host a storewide tasting event from 5-7 pm for patrons to explore various noodle dishes including cold and hot, spicy and sweet, and from every corner of the world. The market will provide information and history about the noodles, samples and recipe cards for patrons to take home.
- March 25 - Cheese 101: All About Sheep’s Milk: At 6:30 pm, Elm City Market invites customers to learn about and taste a variety of sheep’s milk cheeses from around the country. At the end of the class, a pop quiz winner will receive a surprise treat to take home.
- March 3 – National Cold Cut Day!: Elm City Market will offer 20% off all freshly cut deli meats and cheese for the entire day.
- Monday-Friday, throughout March - ECM Happy Hour: From 3-5 pm each weekday in March, Elm City Market will offer patrons a special “Happy Hour” discount of $2.00 off of the normal price per pound of food from its house-made hot bar.
Elm City Market is an employee-owned, customer-centric marketplace located in the heart of New Haven, Conn. The market provides a large selection of fresh, sustainable and organic options, as well as day-to-day food staples and groceries, including meat and seafood, produce, bulk foods, baked goods, dairy, frozen foods, cheese, craft beers, vitamins & supplements, and body care. The market employs over 75 full and part-time employees. Located at 777 Chapel Street, the store is open 7 days a week from Mon., through Sat., 8am to 9pm and Sun, 9am to 9pm. Visit www.elmcitymarket.com or find the store on Facebook at ‘Elm City Market.’