Tuesday, February 5, 2013

ChowdaFest Bridgeport Connecticut 2013 Winners & Pictures

The ChowdaFest 2013 was such a fun event...did you go?
Home Place Blog

And ** DRUM ROLL PLEASE ** without further ado...
here's a list of the official ChowdaBest ChowdaFest 2013 Winners 
and some pictures of our time at the event!

Source: ChowdaFest Results
Home Place Blog
Each and every one deserved to be a ChowdaFest Winner! (well, almost everyone!)
Home Place Blog

We came. We tasted.

Home Place Blog

We complained because trash cans were placed out of the way in the center of the arena.

Home Place Blog

There was more than just chowder at this Chowder Fest!
It's a real ChowdaFeast!
We sampled some artisan breads.
Home Place Blog
We watched souper-bowl picks go in!  (LOL)
Home Place Blog

And met some great people serving wonderful soup for a terrific cause!
(Proceeds from ChowdaFest benefit the Connecticut Food Bank)
Home Place Blog
Everyone had fun!
Home Place Blog
The SHU band played!
Home Place Blog

We met Chef Quohog and watched the ChowdaKids have some fun!
Home Place Blog
Chowda Chowda and more Chowda!
Home Place Blog
ChowdaFest everywhere!
Home Place Blog
With a little Ben & Jerry's ice cream on the side.
We submitted out Chowda soaked ballots...and hoped our favorite Chowda would win!
Home Place Blog

Congratulations to the ChowdaFest 2013 Winners!

Missed it?  - There's always next year!

Did you go?  Did your favorite win?

For additional photos of this event click HERE 

8 comments:

  1. I did go! You're a better photographer than me-between the crowds and trying to juggle the spoon, ballot and pencil I couldn't get a decent picture to save my life. My favorite bisque won and my favorite clam chowder came in third. Cant remember the rest and my ballot got anhilated when I spilled soup on it but they accepted it anyway.

    Fun time and I would definitely go again but it will be a while before I feel like eating any chowder :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know just what you mean about NOT eating chowder for a while.

      I had my friend Gayle fill out my ballot...and yes, it was covered with chowder drips, as was my phone that I was using to tweet pictures out!

      I fell walking in (remember to listen to people saying "watch your step") - and my friend fell leaving, as we were crossing the street to the parking. We were a complete ChowdaMess! But what a fun time!

      Delete
  2. At least I fell on the way out so I could still enjoy all the chowder. Had a fun time as always. Thanks Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Gayle! Glad you weren't badly hurt! Thank for being the official scorer!

      Delete
  3. OMG what planet am I on? Can you believe I never tasted chowder before! You make me want to visit Connecticut!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh chowder is good! You must try it. Any place in New England usually serves some good ones!

      Delete
  4. i was def interested in this event! but it was on super bowl sunday - already a day of eats for me. glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I went early...but I couldn't eat anything for the rest of the day. WOW! Chowder is filling!
      Made me miss all those football favorites, buffalo wings, nachos, etc.
      Guess I was better off with the chowder, now that I think about it! (chuckle)
      Hope you had a super Superbowl Sunday!

      Delete

Real Time Web Analytics