Saturday, July 28, 2012

Rainy Day Shoe Shopping at DSW

Hello. My name is Bonnie and I have a shoe problem.   Yes. I am a shoe addict lover.
And, for the record...I never, ever, thought Imelda Marcos was a bad person for owning a gazillion shoes.

What can I say? I really like shoes!

Today I was in search of a pair of black comfortable pumps for work.  I did an internet search for the closest DSW and found one on Universal Drive in North Haven, CT (located in the shopping center next to the Target shopping Center).  Don't make the same mistake I made, you can't get from the Target center to the DSW shopping center.  They're not connected.

Well, of course I started off in the clearance section, where I located two pairs of shoes, both at 30% off.
 
 Oh, did you notice they're not black?  Well. They go with black outfits.  They're marked as "dark violet" but they are actually a light grey-ish toned periwinkle.  Made by Bandolino shoe style: BDDEMPSY 

Next from the clearance section I found these great sandals by Kenneth Cole in a black patent leather.  
Again, not a pump...but hey, 30% off!  Kenneth Cole Reaction BLACK/PAT PU

Okay.  Time to get serious.  I need black shoes for work. 
I was able to find two pairs that I liked...and that were C O M F O R T A B L E!

The first was a pair of black patent leather pumps by Ellen Tracy, shoe name: ET-CODY

Here's order information and a much better picture:  ELLEN TRACY CODY PUMP

I was also able to find a pair of Liz Claiborne Shoe name: Carmen in a flat black leather trimmed with patent leather.
Here's information and another better picture: LIZ CLAIBORNE CARMEN
I had been looking at these particular shoes online...so I was happy to see they had them in stock in store.

I've purchased Bandolino and Liz Claiborne shoes before and have had great luck with them both.  I especially love Liz Claiborne as they are super comfortable and fit my foot well.  And although I'm not  a huge fan of patent leather, they do hold up well, and take a beating!

I need to note that the check out person was extremely helpful and looked up my DSW Rewards information and told me how this purchase qualified me for future savings.  He patiently explained how the reward system works and that if I was shopping for shoes in the near future, before I receive my reward discount in the mail/e-mail, to bring my receipt in and he would be able to apply the discount.

Don't you love patient sales assistants?  I know I do! Especially when they offer lots of helpful information!

Well, I won't admit to how much I spent (the cowboy does read the blog!) but I will tell you that with the 30% off of the clearance shoes I saved a respectable $41.96.
I also need to mention that other than the reward points I earned from this purchase I received no compensation for shopping at DSW and this successful shopping trip.

Visit DSW in North Haven 
(or any convenient location...they're even online)
410 Universal Drive
North Haven, CT 06473
203.985.8241

and tell them Home Place sent you!

Do you have a favorite shoe store?  Please!  Tell me where it is and all about it!
...and here's a picture of my little scoundrel getting in on the shoe-act!
I think she's saying..."OMG - I love them"

If you found this blog helpful please share it with others using one of the resources below:

6 comments:

  1. You found some fantastic pairs! Love them all! Thanks for spreading the shoe love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure did! And I'll be back soon - there were a few more pairs that were "talking" to me.

      Delete
  2. Great article...I also found a killer pair of Guess Boots at DSW....and service was GREAT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree! Not that I've ever noticed that the service was bad before...but everyone was so helpful!

      Delete
  3. Finally find really nice shoes, the first one is my favorite and I just love its design style!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! And...they were on sale...and they are comfortable!

      Delete

Real Time Web Analytics