Monday, August 13, 2012

Brunch at Jalapeno Heaven in Branford CT

During the month of August 2012 Jalapeno Heaven is featuring a scrumptious brunch - and last Sunday I was invited to be part of their promotion and partake in sampling some of their yummy brunch offerings.  Well --- OF COURSE I said YESSSS!!!!
Jalapeno Heaven is owned and operated by Gail and Hector Flores. I've been a friend of the Flores family ever since they returned to Connecticut.  Gail was born and raised in Branford, CT but moved to Florida in the 70s. Hector originates from Zacatecas Mexico and immigrated to the United States when he was 18. Hector and Gail met while she was managing a restaurant in Fort Lauderdale and they married soon thereafter and returned to Gail's hometown in 1985 to fulfill their dream of starting a family and opening a restaurant.  Their beautiful daughter Nicole was born in 1987 and they opened their Mexican restaurant in Branford CT on Cinco de Mayo weekend in 1992.

I joined Nicole for brunch as soon as the restaurant opened at 10am and because we were "first" we contemplated whether to eat on the patio or in the dining room.

Air conditioning won out (83 and humid outside) and we started off with a mango mimosa to cool us down and celebrate Nic's last weekend in CT before returning to her work in upstate New York.

I ordered the Mango Mimosa, a frosty and refreshing libation - the perfect blend of bubbly Asti Spumonte sparkling wine and mango puree, with a sugared rim. Yes. I. had. a. drink. at. ten. in. the. morning. Don't judge!  (smile)
Also available was a Karma Tequila Bloody Mary, made with a balanced mixture of Karma Tequila, tomato juice, with a blend of spices, garnished with celery, lime and a salted rim.

And of course I had coffee! This is how it should always be served!  
See the steam coming off the top?  

Followed by a fruit plate which consisted of a fresh fruit salsa served with cinnamon sprinkled crispy flour tortillas.
Nicole ordered the Huevos Con Chorizo, three eggs sauteed with Chorizo sausage, served with home fries, refried beans and soft flour tortillas.

She piled the still warm tortilla with a mixture of everything. ( I helped myself to  She let me have a fork-full of the egg and chorizo mixture.  DELICIOUS!)



 I ordered the egg, potato, and cheese Breakfast Burrito.  Look at this beautiful baby!



Golden crispy on the outside and as light as air and fluffy on the inside.  Oh and cheesy, in fact, nice-n-stringy-cheesy!   My burrito was cooked perfectly.  My only regret was that I didn't ask for some tiny minced jalapenos to be tucked inside for a quick burst of heat with every bite.  And lazy me.  There are always jalapenos on the table at Jalapeno Heaven.  I could have just added my own!
Everything was OH SO GOOD and I was honored to be invited and  sample some of these brunch treats!

Thank you Gail, Hector and Nicole!  

Link to their brunch menu: Jalapeno Heaven August Promotional Brunch Menu  
and remember there are only two dates left to this special promotion!  Check out the Lobster and Scallop Omelet on page 1!  (I'll be there for that next week for sure!!!) Or the Chipolte Shrimp Omelette.  Or the Mexican Eggs Benedict. Ut.OH. So little time left. So many choices!!!

Come down and enjoy this promotion while it lasts
(Final dates 8-19-12 and 8-26-12)
and tell them Home Place sent you!

Jalapeno Heaven
40 North Main Street
Branford, CT 06405
203.481.6759


Disclaimer for the folks in the back:  I was a guest of the Flores family for brunch but the opinions expressed are those of my own.

If you found this blog helpful please share it with others using one of the media resources below

3 comments:

  1. Dang it, girl!!! CT could not be farther away from where I live, but you keep posting these wonderful restaurants and things to do there.

    A good place for a Mexican breakfast is worth its weight in gold. Now I'm starving!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someday we'll meet at that halfway point...Kansas maybe? And we'll find a great diner or breakfast joint to swap stories and share a breakfast burrito!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics