Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Pampered at the Red Door Spa in Mystic County

Social Media Promotion : Sponsored  

The Red Door Spa at the Mystic Marriott


One of my favorite lines in the movie Steel Magnolia's is when Truvy (played by Dolly Parton in the big screen version) has all her favorite friends in for a salon visit during a pivotal scene. Truvy (Parton) gushes in delight and exclaims...

"I'm going to paint my front door RED and change my name to ELIZABETH ARDEN!" 

The Red Door Spa at the Mystic Marriott

That's the same delight I experienced when the wonderful people at the Red Door Spa reached out to invite me for a visit to experience some of their spa services.

Friendly Faces at Check In
At The Red Door Spa


You see, summer is coming to an end here in Connecticut. August always seems to be the shortest month of the year as we bid adieu to warm weather and usher in the cooler temperatures of fall in New England. Before we retire all our favorite sandals and open-toed shoes, we like to give them one last hurrah.

But what's a girl to do when she's neglected her hands and feet all summer?

Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa to the rescue! 


So, of course, I requested a manicure / pedicure package!


This was my very first time visiting the Red Door Spa, although I'm very familiar with their location at the Mystic Marriott. My sister and I spent a fun weekend there a few years ago, and while we were traveling we so regretted not being able to visit the spa!

I requested a Sunday afternoon appointment and was given a grand tour upon my arrival. I discovered that all spa visitors at the Mystic location are also allowed to use the Marriott's indoor pool, sauna, and exercise room on the day of their visit. When you book your signature package  be sure you arrive early to enjoy the amenities.

The Red Door Spa
Partnering with the Mystic Marriott for the Indoor Pool

The Exercise Room at the Red Door Spa in the Mystic Marriott

Bring a suit to lounge in the pool area, or steam out those tired muscles in the sauna - the spa is yours to enjoy no matter the reason for your spa visit at this location!

And if that's not your thing you can curl up under a soft blanket in their Relaxation Room and get some reading done - or sip some coffee in the mini-cafe!

The Red Door Spa Relaxation Room

I mean really, who wouldn't want to escape the house for a few hours and relax at a spa for the afternoon!


The Red Door Spa Coffee Bar

I opted to relax in one of their super comfy robes in order to get the full spa experience.



I asked for some help picking out polish colors - as I had a picture of a pale pink I wanted to replicate, and Sevil, who would be assisting me this afternoon recommended a bright pink for my pedicure (Essie: Chastity) and and pale pink for my manicure (Essie: French Affair).

These colors were picture perfect!

(Left) Brand - Essie: Color: French Affair
(Right):Brand - Essie: Color - Chastity) 


Then the best parts of the day began! The Mani/Pedi.

We started with the pedicure where I  eased into the large overstuffed comfortable chair station in the pedicure section of the room. Believe me, it was so relaxing and zen like with natural light flooding in through the windows.


It was absolute heaven having The Red Door Signature Pedicure.

A warm neck pillow sets the stage for some total relaxation. After a long soak in the whirlpool foot bath and some much needed foot pampering, there was slathers of shea butter, a sugar scrub exfoliate, followed by a warm paraffin that seals all the moisture in, and a reflexology foot and lower leg massage.



Next we moved on to The Red Door Signature Manicure, with this season's Mint Julep special.

After some pampering, hands are exfoliated with a light citrus grass salt scrub, followed by a massage with mint-julep and lavender shea butter. Lastly, the paraffin treatment seals in the hydration, and my nails were finished off with Essie Brand's French Affair shade.



I ended my little mini spa retreat with a quick cup of coffee from the coffee bar and nibbled on some fruit while I waited for my nails to completely set and dry.

There are so many other great packages to enjoy at The Red Door Spa! Bridal retreats, facials, massages, and full hair service (cut, color. blow-dry etc.). In addition, you'll find a full line of beauty products available. Treat yourself to a makeup lesson and some fabulous new products!



Be sure to visit a Red Door Spa near you soon!

Book your visit today!

Here are some helpful links for The Red Door Spa





In the Connecticut Area? There's easy access right off CT's I-95!

Visit The Red Door Spa at the Mystic Marriott

625 Connecticut 117
Groton, CT 06340
Phone: (860) 446-2500
http://www.thereddoor.com/

About the Red Door Spa

The Red Door Spa has welcomed guests since 1910 when Elizabeth Arden opened her first location on New York's Fifth Avenue. The Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa continues to promote the legendary techniques of Ms. Arden and her fundamental belief that beauty should be an "intelligent union of nature and science to develop one's finest natural assets."

The holistic approach to skincare remains at the core of The Red Door Spa's innovative treatments, using the finest quality products and services, partnered with the highest level of technical expertise.

Disclosure: 

I was invited to experience the spa services at the Red Door Spa by members of their management and marketing team, however all views expressed are my own.




6 comments:

  1. Looks like an awesome time! I'll be in the area for my birthday this month, I may have to drop some hints to my boyfriend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's in a great location right outside of Mystic and close to the Rhode Island border. My sister and I stayed there a few years ago and we loved the area! So glad I finally got to experience the spa. They really make everything special!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Christine, the public rooms (coffee bar and relaxation room) were so zen-like with dimmed lights and restful tones. I really felt like I had a total spa package because I left there so relaxed. Love that area and I can't wait to return.

      Delete
  3. Looks so relaxing. What a wonderful pampering experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ron, I can't begin to tell you how pampered I was from the moment I walked in. The Red Door really knows customer service and how to make a girl feel special. I'm so looking forward to my next visit!

      Delete

Real Time Web Analytics