Sunday, December 10, 2017

CT Bom Bom Cocktails for the Holidays

Social Media Promotion: Sponsored

If you'll remember from my 2017 Greenwich Wine + Food Fest recap, we tasted the delicious Connecticut based liqueur, Bom Bom! We LOVED this brand, not just because of its local connection, but because of its rich and creamy flavors that we both enjoyed. So, when they asked if we'd like to sample some for recipe development, we jumped at the opportunity!

Bom Bom Liqueurs


This delicious rum-based mix is the brainchild of Kevin Mowers who developed the original chocolate flavors to woo his sweetheart. The result was Coco Mochanut, a decadent, creamy-good elixir with its blend of chocolate, coconut, coffee spices, and Caribbean rum. 

Their next flavor launch was Nilli Vanilli (hee-hee) a vanilla based liqueur, equally delicious and decadent, made with almond milk (so it's dairy free) and vanilla cookie flavorings.

Bom Bom is fabulous straight out of the bottle for a 'shooter' or poured over ice to "sip" - but its unique flavors also allow for a countless amount of recipes and pairings. They have loads on their website but I thought I'd come up with a few of my own in time for the holidays! (check out their recipes at http://www.drinkbombom.com/recipes-2/)

For Thanksgiving I whipped up a cordial glass or two for me and the cowboy to enjoy while we indulged in some serious turkey day shenanigans. But because he doesn't really care for pumpkin pie --- and I do - I decided to tempt him with my version of  a Bom Bom Pumpkin Pie Cordial! It worked! He declared this a winner!


Bom Bom Liqueurs Pumpkin Pie Cordial
Bom Bom Pumpkin Pie Cordial
1 part Nilli Vanilli Bom Bom, 2 parts pumpkin puree, 1 part Liqueur 43, 2 parts almond milk
Garnished with a coated rim of Pumpkin Pie Spice,  cinnamon, and brown sugar
topped with a cinnamon stick stirrer and some candied ginger

Next I decided to do a coconut flavored cocktail - simply because I thought the delicious sweet flavors of this liqueur were made to pair with the nutty sweet flavors of the coconut! And, okay, I'll fess up, because coconut looks so much like snow that it shouts out holiday goodness!

Bom Bom Liqueurs CoCo LoCo
Bom Bom CoCo LoCo
2 parts Nilli Vanilli Bom Bom, 1 part Liqueur 43, 2 parts Coconut Milk
Garnish with a shredded coconut rim

My next two recipes were to bring out some more seasonal holiday flavors - mint! I started with the Nilli Vanilli and made a delicious Peppermint Bom Bom!


Bom Bom Liqueurs Peppermint Bom Bom
Peppermint Bom Bom
2 parts Nilli Vanilli Bom Bom 1 part Liqueur 43,
1 part white creme de menthe, 
2 parts Almond Milk,
Garnish with crushed peppermint candy (I used a candy cane) and a Candy Cane Stirrer

Next, I wanted to play with the Bom Bom Coco Mochanaut and make a chocolate and mint version - so I immediately thought ... hey girl...

MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP


Bom Bom Liqueurs Mint Chocolate Chip
Mint Chocolate Chip Bom Bom
2 parts Coco Mochanut, 1 part Liqueur 43,
1 part white creme de menthe liqueur,  2 parts almond milk
Garnish the rim with mini chocolate chips and minty sugar*
*Minty sugar is made with granulated sugar, a tiny drop of peppermint extract, and green food coloring

Cocktail Hint: As you can see, I'm a girl who likes her garnishes as I think they make every cocktail extraordinary! While all the BOM BOM Cocktails would work well sans the extras, show your holiday guests that they're special by elevating your cocktails with a little 'something-something' around the rim! Because so many of the garnishes in this post were a bit heavy (not lighter in weight like plain salt or plain sugar would be) I used a clear corn syrup to coat the rim to help bind the heavier garnishes like the shredded coconut and chocolate chips.

For more on Bom Bom visit their website 
at http://www.drinkbombom.com/welcome/

For a listing of where YOU can find Bom Bom locally visit them 
at http://www.drinkbombom.com/findus/ 

Are you a merchant looking to carry Bom Bom? Fill out their form 
at http://www.drinkbombom.com/findus/

Thank you Bom Bom for letting me have some fun with your delicious liqueurs! I love them and can't wait to come up with some more combinations!

Enjoy a Bom Bom Holiday 
and 
Shake your Bom Bom!

Remember to always drink responsibly!

Follow Bom Bom on facebook, twitter, instagram, and pinterest

Disclaimer: I was provided with samples of  Bom Bom liqueurs by members of their marketing and management team, however, all opinions and views are my own.

1 comment:

Real Time Web Analytics