Sunday, April 7, 2013

Sweeties' Book Review Party with Krispy Kreme, Torani Coffee Flavors, and Books! #bookreviewparty

This weekend Sweeties Reviews held a Book Review Party (#bookreviewparty) with sponsorship support from Krispy Kreme Doughnuts and Coffee, Torani Coffee Flavors, and, of course, lots of authors' books!

The great folks at Krispy Kreme even sent travel coffee mugs for everyone to enjoy their coffee in and take home!

Although this was not my first time having a Krispy Kreme doughnut, it had been a long time since I had one!  And they were just as yummy, light and deliciously sweet as I remembered!

Krispy Kreme also sent some fun hats for everyone to wear, and they even donated some of the fresh ground dark roast coffee for us to try and some to take home!
As soon as I arrived I was amazed at the amount of books that Sweetie's Review received! Our event looked like we were holding it inside a book store!


There was a wide range of topics to choose from:  some self-help books, fiction, vampire, and children's books.  Click HERE for a list of the authors and titles that were offered.

I chose three books:



The books I selected couldn't be more different from one another and I'm looking forward to reading them over the summer!  I'll post my reviews on Goodreads and Amazon.

I then settled down to my coffee, trying the Torani vanilla flavor syrup in my Krispy Kreme dark roast coffee.  It was so good, and I used it in lieu of the typical small teaspoon of sugar I usually add.  The vanilla flavor was aromatic and gave just the right amount of sweetness to my coffee.  Just how I like it! And yes. I had a SECOND Krispy Kreme doughnut!

Also available was some of the wonderful Brix Chocolate.  Uhhh, YES!  I admit I had a little of Brix's milk chocolate with a half a glass of wine!

About half way through the party we gathered some of the Connecticut Bloggers that were there and took an event picture. Unfortunately, some had already left - and others hadn't yet arrived!  I'm so bummed that we haven't had a picture taken yet that shows all of us together!
L-R: April, Bonnie, Wendy D., Wendy L., Nicole, Julie
Missing: ThereseHilary, Natasha
And, just for good measure, Mr. Fluffy got in on the Krispy Kreme Action

How about you? What's on YOUR summer reading list? 

I'd love to hear about it in the comments below

***************


If you have an event you would like promoted or a product you would like reviewed by our group, 

Or contact me at homeplaceblogger@live.com

Thank you Sweeties Review for a wonderful event & to the companies who furnished products!  

We had a great time at the #bookreviewparty !

Disclaimer: The products featured in this post were provided by Sweeties Review through the following companies: Brix Chocolates, Torani Flavored Syrups, Krispy Kreme Doughnuts and Coffee, and the authors and publishers listed HERE  



6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great recap Bonnie. It was another fun party. I'm reading A Joyful Break: Dreams of Plain Daughters(Book One) by Diane Craver. It's a light and breezy story that isn't too deep, perfect for Summer reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a good read! I can't wait to dig in and start reading!

      Delete
  2. It looks like it was a blast! I'm so sad that I missed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post Bonnie. I haven't started mine yet. I will do that later this week. Outstanding photographs. You are becoming quite the photographer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm still trying to make the most of the camera. This summer I hope to get lots of practice.

      Delete

Real Time Web Analytics