Saturday, July 27, 2013

Cash Mob CT at Country Paint and Hardware in North Branford CT

We're finally experiencing some beautiful weather in Connecticut! Today was a humidity-free 75 degrees, and sunny and warm.

Country Paint and Hardware, North Branford CT
Country Paint and Hardware, North Branford CT
I finally got to jump back into a local Cash Mob CT experience in neighboring North Branford CT at Country Paint and Hardware!

If you haven't participated in one of our local Cash Mob's here in Connecticut, you should! It's a great way to support some local businesses. All you need is a $20.00 bill and a yearning to shop (yup - that I've got!) and it's a great way to inject some of that economic stimulus into a locally owned business.  Because that's where it will make a REAL difference!

Each month the folks at REX Development, together with Cash Mob CT,  choose a town or city that is part of the 15 municipalities that make up the South Central Regional Council of Governments (SCRCOG) to descend on to be "Cash-Mobbed".  Then, we voters do the rest! Local businesses are nominated - and a final vote is held where the Mob-Winner is selected and announced. 

Past winners have been RJ Julia Booksellers in MadisonFlutterby in Guilford, the Bethany Farm Market in BethanySweet Cioccolata in Wallingfordthe Sweet Shoppe in East HavenSomething of Bev's in MilfordBooks and Company in Hamden, Totally Awesome Goods in Branford, and Metamorphosis in West Haven, CT

This was my sixth Cash Mob and although I can't do a lot, I can spend $20.00! Just doing my part to save the world - one dollar at a time!

And Country Paint and Hardware is a great place to go!  In fact, today, Julia, one of the knowledgeable service staff at the store, even offered us some delicious popcorn, free, while we shopped, in honor of the Cash Mobbers!
Popcorn at Country Paint and Hardware, North Branford CT
Meet Julia - And have a little popcorn at Country Paint and Hardware

Here are some of the items I spotted in this great little hardware store - still offering great prices - in spite of the big box stores!  Even my husband says that Country Paint and Hardware is his "go-to" spot when working within a 10 mile radius.
Country Paint and Hardware Adirondack Chairs
Bright colored Adirondack chairs, wheel barrels and planters at Country Paint and Hardware
 Country Paint and Hardware North Branford CT
Copper Wall Sculpture, the Farmer's Almanac, and Lawn Gear at Country Paint and Hardware

Did you know that Country Paint and Hardware has a full decorating center?  Decorator paint, cabinet hardware, and more! Stop by and see them!

Country Paint and Hardware Decorating Center
Country Paint and Hardware Decorating Center
We did our part too! I came home with a beautiful turquoise resin Adirondack chair and the cowboy purchased a hummingbird solar light for our garden!
Cash Mob CT Country Paint and Hardware Purchases
Cash Mob CT Country Paint and Hardware Purchases

There is certainly something for everyone at Country Paint and Hardware. 
Stop buy and see them!


2410 FOXON RD

NORTH BRANFORD, CT 06471-1513

203-481-5255

Do you want to participate in a local Cash Mob CT?

Follow them on facebook HERE to find out where they'll be next!

And here I am...enjoying my new purchase!



Support Local! 

Do you have any favorite neighborhood merchants you shop at?

I'd love to hear about them in the comments below.
Note: Home Place uses "Comment Moderation" - your comments may not be visible for 24 hours.

22 comments:

  1. Gosh they have a lot of different items! We will have to remember to visit there more often. The Addy chair is beautiful and I love the color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have two white wooden Adirondacks that we love and sit in all the time! But when neighbors stop by...we feel guilty not offering them a "seat" - so this new addition to our yard will be for neighbors. So, when are YOU stopping by??? LOL

      Delete
  2. Looks like a wonderful store! And what a great way to show local business' some love!! Sometimes you really don't think about it, but $20 really adds up! (I love the chair! Looking fabulous, Bonnie!) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenny! I wish we knew one another when Milford was the destination! It would have been a great mini-meetup at Something of Bevs!

      Many of the Cash Mob recipients report that these days were their "best $$$ days to date" - and that they had broken all sales records, including their "grand openings".
      The best part is they are ALL locally owned businesses - which means the money that is brought in - stays local! That helps the CT economy so much!

      Delete
  3. Fantastic, Bonnie! working to save local businesses, 20 dollars at a time-love this idea and it's certainly something that is "do-able" for many!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joe! Yes, just doing my part to save the CT Economy - one shopping trip at a time! It's like I'm a super-hero, minus the fancy-schmancy powers.

      Just like you I consider CT a gem and wish we could let everyone know how great the businesses, places, events, and people in CT are!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you Colleen! I'm a big fan of Adirondack chairs. Something about them just spells S*U*M*M*E*R to me!

      Delete
  5. Country Paint and Hardware is a great place!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! I need to get in on the next one! I love the bright blue adirondack chair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah, I want one in every color! I'll let everyone know when the next 'mob' is. It might make for a great get-to-gether!

      Delete
  7. This is so fun! I just love those copper wall sculptures!

    xx Kait | ChickadeeSays | ChickadeeSays Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved them too! They were actually pretty good sized, they look kind of tiny in the picture. Great craftsmanship and unusual decor.

      Delete
  8. How fun! I am following them on FB now. I would love to participate in something like this. Such an awesome idea...
    And I am super curious about your hummingbird purchase. My son keeps asking me about hummingbirds. Expect for me to bug you soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a great way to support local businesses in our community. I'm going to follow and try to participate in the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the cashmob idea, I follow along when they post about them on FB and I LOVE your chair!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  11. oooh I definitely want to do this! #supportlocal all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm such a sucker for colorful Adirondack chairs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the chair Bonnie! You just reminded me that I never took out my red chairs from under the deck. I am going to check into the cash mob. Looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like this Cash Mob idea - I'll have to try and make the next one?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I always try to support local merchants whenever I can. We have a beautiful Green in New Milford! Love this idea!!

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics