Now here's an event not to be missed!
The Fresh Salt at Saybrook Point Argentinian Wine Dinner
|Fresh Salt at Saybrook Point|
Prepare to enjoy an international culinary journey featuring reds and whites from one of the world’s most historic wine producing regions
That's right, Fresh Salt at Saybrook Point is hosting a unique food and wine dinner featuring reds and whites from Argentina, one of the world’s most historic wine-producing regions. Held on Saturday, April 16, the dinner will feature signature Argentinian cuisine creatively prepared by Saybrook Point’s talented Private Event and Banquet Chef Bill Titus and Fresh Salt Chef d’ Cuisine Gesé Rodriguez.
Paired with an exceptional selection of Argentinian Wines, the evening begins at 6:30 p.m. with hors d’oeuvres featuring a selection of fine South American cheeses and cured meats, along with Fried Plantain, Mini Chori Pan (Grilled Chorizo, Onion, Pepper Relish), Manchego-Grilled Polenta with Quince Glaze, and Fogaza; served with 2015 Portillo Sauvignon Blanc
The five-course meal consists of:
- Seafood Empanada with Crabmeat, Scallop, Shrimp and Tomato Chimichurro paired with 2014 Killka Torrontes;
- Carbonata Criolla, (Lamb Stew with Butternut Squash, Corn, Pear, Peach and Potato Gnocchi), served with 2012 Salentein Reserve Cabernet ;
- Roast Duck Breast with Grilled Sticky Rice Cake, Caramelized Apples, Charred Cauliflower and Fennel, matched with 2012 Salentein Reserve Cabernet.
- The final entrée offers New York Sirloin Matambre Roulade stuffed with Black Bean and Zucchini Fritters, and Salsa Criolla, complemented by the 2012 Salentein Numina.
The evening concludes with
- A decadent Chocotorta Dulce de Leche Cake from Pastry Chef Stephanie Schroeder,
- Organic and Free-trade Saybrook Point Lighthouse Custom Coffee.
Seaside Wine and Spirits from Old Saybrook and Spirits of Madison will be in attendance, and guests can place orders for their favorite wine of the evening at specially reduced prices. The Argentinian Wine Dinner at Saybrook Point’s Fresh Salt is $99.50/person plus tax and service charge. Reservations are necessary and may be made by calling the Fresh Salt reservations line at 860.339-1318
Where: Fresh Salt at Saybrook Point
When: Saturday, April 16, at 6:30pm
Cost: $99.50 per person plus tax and service charge
Reservations are required. Call Fresh Salt at 860.339.1318
Fresh Salt at Saybrook Point2 Bridge Street
Old Saybrook, CT 06475
About Saybrook Point
Situated along the picturesque shores of historic Old Saybrook, Connecticut, Saybrook Point features a collection of 100 elegantly-appointed guestrooms, a rejuvenating full-service SANNO spa, and casual fine dining restaurant Fresh Salt, as well as a unique waterside Lighthouse Suite. In addition, the historic Three Stories and Tall Tales luxury guesthouses offer exquisite rooms that convey the story of famous local residents. The pristine Saybrook Point Marina, a landmark boating destination conveniently located at the mouth of the Connecticut River, serves as a focal point for the Inn. More information is available at www.saybrook.com.