Friday, December 14, 2012

Shelley's Garden Center in Branford CT for the 2012 Holiday Season

Tis' the season!


...and the holiday season would not be complete without a stop at Shelley's Garden Center in Branford to see owners John and Yvette Chambers, and pick up a little decorative greenery.

This season I'm on the hunt for pine boughs and evergreen branches to decorate my window boxes. I knew I could find them at Shelley's!  They have juniper, holly, pine, boxwood,...and so much more!


Each year I try to do a little something different when decorating my window boxes.  This year my inspiration comes from fellow CT blogger DaiseyJayne's post: "Think I Could Glitter That?"  that involved glittered pine cones and milkweed pods decorating a cinched burlap-covered wreath.  So, the rest of the weekend I will be scouting (aka wandering my neighbor's yards) on the lookout for [free] pine cones, and I'm hoping to find some wired burlap-like ribbon at a fabric store that I can weave through the greenery.

Because these will be outside in my window boxes, I'll likely lightly brush or spray the pine cones with shimmery gold paint instead of glitter.  I'll also include my standard dried hydrangea blooms that I use every year.  I love that they dry paper thin and are a gorgeous shade of sepia toned golden-brown.

But I digress....

Shelley's has more than just greenery!  They have loads of beautiful fresh trees, wreaths, swags, roping, and kissing balls! Here's some of my favorites on display!









Inside the store there are rows and rows of beautiful poinsettias!

  Aren't they beautiful?  All different shades - each one prettier than the next!


Visit Shelley's Garden Center if you're in the area!


Shelley's Garden Center
Shelley's is open 8:30 to 6:00 daily.
March to December.

217 Main Street 
 Branford, CT 06405
(203) 488-9479

How do you decorate for the holidays? 
I'd love to hear about your holiday decorating traditions in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Web Analytics