Sunday, March 3, 2013

Connecticut Home and Remodeling Show at the CT Convention Center

If you love everything about interior and exterior design, then the Connecticut Home and Remodeling Show is for you!

Cabinets by Stairs and Cabinets
My Dream Kitchen!
If you're looking for ideas for decorating inside **OR** out - the place to start is at the CT Home Show. Throughout the Connecticut Convention Center you'll find exhibitors ready, able, and willing to help you.  Everything from furniture, to roofing and gutters, outside water features, to lighting, to a fully decorated showcase living room and patio area!  There is truly row after row of inspiration.
All Source of Connecticut
In addition there is a full schedule of seminars to help the do-it-yourself-ers with some of the great tips and tricks from interior designers and craftsmen. Everything from decorating with lighting, using accessories, home staging for resale, window treatment help, and MORE.

This was my first time attending the Connecticut Home and Remodeling Show and I wasn't sure what to expect.  I was a little disappointed that there weren't more furniture and interior design features, but those that were there, were spectacular and worth the visit.

Kloter Farms, known for their high-quality handcrafted furniture, had a wonderful showcase of furniture in addition to their outdoor structures.
Kloter Farms Furniture Display

The majority of the exhibitors were more building and construction orientated, such as roofing, siding, and window replacement. So, if you're in the market - you're able to see the quality and assorted design features from a wide variety of manufacturers. This is probably the best feature of the Home Show, as Internet shopping doesn't allow you to see the actual product while comparison shopping




Landscaping designers and outside furnishings were also available, many that were at the Connecticut Flower and Garden Show, the previous week, and also some new features.

Returning from the Connecticut Flower and Garden Show were the landscape design team from Creative Contours. I was able to talk briefly with owner Jennifer Noyes who was thrilled when I told her that my "pin" of her table arrangement from last week's show was getting multiple re-pins! Imagine how thrilled I was when she herself pinned it that night!  ( See it HERE )
Creative Contours at the CT Home Show
Another of my favorite displays was the lighting and hardware from the Connecticut Lighting Center.
Although the pictures don't do these fixtures justice, let me just say, that there wasn't a light that I didn't want to take home with me!
Connecticut Lighting Center
We did make a small purchase today.  The cowboy was entranced by the kitchen knives, and since he's the king of our kitchen...I thought it would make a great anniversary gift. That's right folks, we celebrated our 21st wedding anniversary this week!  We purchased the 4.5" utility knife.  Let me tell you, it's a beauty. The weight is wonderful and it slices tomatoes paper thin.  We also purchased a sharpener to go along with it.  (Happy anniversary honey!)
Hammer Stahl Cutlery
The shining star of the Connecticut Home and Remodeling Show was the showcase home by interior designer, Sharon McCormick, of Sharon McCormick Designs, LLC.

This living room and patio design was jaw-dropping and combined the most beautiful shade of navy/peacock blue and bright white. Truly amazing and I wanted to move right in.
Sharon McCormick Designs, LLC

Sharon McCormick Designs, LLC

Sharon McCormick Designs, LLC
As you can see...I made myself quite comfortable on the patio!
Sharon McCormick Designs, LLC
We were also able to watch one of the design tutorials, on Do-It-Yourself (DIY) Decorative Paint Finishes by Patrick Ganino of Creative Evolution from my neighboring Madison CT.

All in all it was a great and informative day and we will definitely return next year to the Connecticut Convention Center for the Connecticut Home and Remodeling Show

The Connecticut Convention Center is easily accessible, right off Exit 29A on CT I-91.


Connecticut Home and Remodeling Show
Connecticut Convention Center
100 Columbus Blvd.
Hartford, CT
Information: http://cthomeshow.com/
Follow them on Facebook: @CTHomeRemodeling


Hope to see you there next year!

For additional pictures, click HERE, and "like" the Home Place page.

******
Didn't you just love, love, love the decorator showcase?
Do you have any major home renovations or design plans in the works?

I'd love to hear about them in the comments below!

6 comments:

  1. Window replacement is very essential to maintain the freshness of a house. The windows undergo wear and tear and may no longer seem to be perfect! Vinyl windows is the best option to opt if you want your home to look bright and cozy. Vinyl windows gives the home a classic, stylish touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting Hannah. Yes, window replacement is important, and here in New England it certainly helps to be energy efficient.

      Delete
  2. Your pictures are wonderful. I love that table lamp that looks like a vase with flowers. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's one of my favorites too! I'm trying to find it online at CT Lighting's website to no avail! But I haven't given up and hope to visit their showroom. It's a beauty!

      Delete
  3. I love exterior and interior designing, but I haven't been to any kind of home and remodeling show. How was the experience? I should really visit an exhibit like this soon! I can pickup a lot of knowledge and ideas from shows like this. This is very timely because I'm planning to remodel my bedroom soon, and I hope I can find some cheap furniture here as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mya, you simply must visit one of these home shows! Such great ideas and lots of vendors and samples under one roof! A great and easy way to comparison shop!

      Delete

Real Time Web Analytics