April 2015 at Elm City Market: Grilled Cheese, Global Fare and Craft Beer Events
National Grilled Cheese Sandwich Day,
Soul de Cuba, Cheese 101, Earth Day,
and a Global Food Cruise
Elm City Community Market, Inc., an employee-owned marketplace located in the heart of New Haven, Conn., today announced that it will be holding several tasting events and celebrations throughout the month of April. At these events, patrons are invited to enjoy foods and celebrate special days throughout the month while learning about the history and preparation of several dishes from around the world. In recognition of Earth Day, the market’s sale flyer for the week of April 19-April 25 will include only all-natural, non-GMO, and organic/local items.
“This month, we’re helping our customers celebrate special days with new grilled cheese recipes on National Grilled Cheese Day and great discounts on National Beer Day and Earth Day,” said Elm City Market event organizer Alexa Apotria. “Customers will also get to taste dishes from around the world at our Global Food Cruise and this month’s Cheese 101.”
|Photo Courtesy of Elm City Market's Marketing Team|
Special tasting events include:
- April 3 – On9 Art Music Design: On9 New Haven is a collaborative open-house evening in a neighborhood famous for innovative art, food, music and experiences. From 6 – 8 pm on the 3rd, Elm City Market will have a tasting event with uniquely shaped food displays to create a tasting experience that tempts all the senses, not just the palate.
- April 7 – National Beer Day!: Elm City Market’s beer department offers an amazing selection of local and regional craft beer. Customers will have the chance to meet local vendors and learn about the brewing process from 5 – 7 pm. They will also receive 10% off of the market’s most popular, best-selling beer brands (no tastings at this event due to liquor license laws).
- April 12 – National Grilled Cheese Sandwich Day: From 11 am – 2 pm, customers are invited to join Elm City Market in sampling different kinds of grilled cheese sandwiches, from Nutella Brie to spicy crunchy nacho bites. Deli and cheese items will also be available for purchase at a discounted rate.
- April 16 – Global Food Cruise Tasting Event: Elm City Market will host a storewide tasting event from 5:30 – 7:30 pm for patrons to explore a mix of décor, food and fun. Customers will enjoy exotic cultural samples from Spain, Italy, India and more.
- April 16 – Soul de Cuba @ ECM: Soul de Cuba returns to Elm City Market to stir up some culturally inspired dishes through the Cuban and African tradition of food and art. Patrons are invited to enjoy this cooking demonstration at 5:30 pm.
- April 22 - Cheese 101: Cheese in Paris!: At 6:30 pm, Elm City Market invites customers to learn about and taste a variety of cheeses from Paris, France.
- April 22 – Earth Day: From 4 – 6 pm, Elm City Market will offer samples of natural local products. Special guest Munk Pack Company will be in attendance to offer super foods that are a good source of fiber and make the perfect breakfast or snack.
Elm City Market is an employee-owned, customer-centric marketplace located in the heart of New Haven, Conn. The market provides a large selection of fresh, sustainable and organic options, as well as day-to-day food staples and groceries, including meat and seafood, produce, bulk foods, baked goods, dairy, frozen foods, cheese, craft beers, vitamins & supplements, and body care. The market employs over 75 full and part-time employees. Located at 777 Chapel Street, the store is open 7 days a week from Mon., through Sat., 8am to 9pm and Sun, 9am to 9pm. Visit www.elmcitymarket.com or find the store on Facebook at ‘Elm City Market.’