Globally Inspired Cuisine - Casual & Intimate Setting - NOIR Stamford
Here's a new word for me! “Bistronomie”
And it's being introduced to Fairfield county by way of NOIR Stamford!
Inspired by the Europeans, and now making its way stateside, Bistronomie is a progressive form of dining derived from the mashing together of ‘bistro’ and ‘gastronomy’. Call it five-star cuisine sans the white tablecloths and pretense of a stereotypical high end restaurant. It’s a new day, and chefs, as well as consumers, know what they want to eat and how best to enjoy their dining experience.
NOIR Stamford, spearheaded by veteran art dealer Carrin Schechter, introduced this innovative dining style to Stamford this past November, adding to the city’s robust culinary landscape.
The menu takes its cues from across the globe, with an undeniable and delicious nod to French cuisine. Chef Francisco Ciciliano, formerly of Baldanza Natural Market & Café and Bistro Bonne Nuit in New Canaan, infuses vibrancy and warmth, taking familiar dishes and making them new again.
Seasonal menu highlights include;
- Escargot prepared with garlic, parsley butter and toasted bread crumbs;
- Tuna Tartare with caper lime dressing;
- Slow Braised Short Rib served with house made sauerkraut, kale, lemon confit, and herb relish;
- Real French Onion Soup Gratinee with crostini and melted Gruyere;
- Avocado Salad with charred baby kale, mache, Manchego cheese, and orange vinaigrette;
- Crispy Duck Breast with sweet potato puree and Grand Marnier sauce;
- Stonington Sea Scallops with chive mashed potato and haricot verts;
- Braised Lamb Shank with crispy onions, pickled vegetables and duchesse potato;
- Steak Frites Au Poivre served with hand cut French fries and béarnaise Brussels sprouts; \
- Pappardelle with pesto cream sauce, garlic shrimp, and marinated tomatoes.
Enhancing the culinary experience is a relaxed, while attentive service style and NOIR’s charming dining room setting. Framed in exposed brick walls, bistro chalkboard menus, eclectic FOSartwork, black chandeliers with dangling crystals, large mirrors and hip music, this stylish eatery can seat up to 40 people.
The beverage offerings feature top shelf cocktails such as:
- The Belvedere martini with blue cheese stuffed olives,
- The NOIR, shaken with Knob Creek and absinth bitters.
- The Jazzy Latina made with jalapeño infused tequila, strawberry puree, lime and Cointreau.
- A stellar wine list complements the cross cultural menu.
Located at 225 Summer Street, a.k.a. “Little Summer Street”, among a melting pot of restaurants and gathering places, NOIR is open for dinner Tuesday thru Saturday and will be offering a Sunday Artist Brunch showcasing the talents of regional artists over spicy bloody Marys and Chef’s Sunday Hash starting in 2016.
NOIR Stamford225 Summer Street
Stamford CT 06901