Sunday, February 23, 2014

The 33rd Annual CT Flower and Garden Show - Hartford CT 2014

Today was the perfect day to travel up the I-91 Corridor to Hartford CT to attend the 33rd Annual Connecticut Flower and Garden Show at the Hartford Convention Center!



The theme of the 2014 show was "Backyard Paradise" and as you can see from the above picture, and those you'll see below, the exhibitors really delivered. There were some beautiful displays from local landscape designers that prove anyone's backyard can be an oasis!

Last year, friends Carol, Gayle, and I had such a wonderful time getting into the spring mood and enjoying the flowers and displays, that we were anxiously awaiting this year's show. We couldn't wait for this weekend to come! Apparently so was my sister and brother-in-law Kathy and Bob, both of whom I was pleasantly surprised to run into when we got there!

It appears everyone is ready for spring!

The show lived up to all our expectations, in fact, it surpassed them! If you've been following my website, you know that Connecticut has been battered this winter by snowstorm after snowstorm, so the ability to see some flowering displays made me think of this quote from Ode To The West Wind:  "If winter comes, can spring be far behind?"--Percy Shelley

Luckily, Spring is just a short four weeks away. Hooray!

Here are some of our favorite moments from the Connecticut Flower and Garden Show.



Gazebo display by Pondering Creations

Creative Contour







And here are some of our favorite finds!

Hand Stenciled Pots



High top Adirondacks


Le Frog!


Garden Basket

Pics of Carol, Gayle, and Brother-in Law Bob!
Me and Kathy hid from the camera!! 

For more pictures of the CT Flower and Garden Show visit the Home Place facebook page HERE and don't forget to "like" us while you're there!

Did you visit any garden shows this year? 
I'd love to hear about it in the comments below!


5 comments:

  1. I can't wait for Spring! We love our gardens. This year we might even build a pond.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forget the pond...put in a pool or hot tub!!! :-)
      Just kidding, I'm wishful thinking for my dream!
      A pond would be great in your yard. Enjoy!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Jessie! The lighting in the convention center is a bit funky, sometimes I think I'm lucky to have captured anything!

      Delete
  3. I am too, Carrie. This event always gives me hope that summer can't be too far off!

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics