Just in time for Cinco de Mayo we have a great recipe for you to make at home!
It's Guacamole, with a recipe courtesy of Oaxaca Kitchen, New Haven! That's right! Chef Prasad Chirnomula is sharing his recipe for this hearty and delicious guacamole, that's easy for you to create at home!
And we all love an easy to prepare recipe - that's good for you too!
|Photo Courtesy Oaxaca Kitchen and SplashPR|
Guacamole Recipe by:Executive Chef: Prasad Chirnomula
Assistant to Chef: Balu Sagadevan
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 red onion, minced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1-2 Jalapeno chiles, stems and seeds removed, chopped to small dices
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 to 1 whole fresh lime juice (Based on personal taste and size of limes)
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 ripe tomato, seeds and pulp removed, chopped
- Thin slices of red radishes for garnish. Serve with tortilla chips or sliced cucumbers.
- 1/2 teaspoon of finely minced garlic and roasted (Optional)
- Cut avocados in half. Remove seed. Scoop out avocado from the peel, put in a mixing bowl.
- Using a wooden ladle, mash the avocado. (Remember to leave it a bit chunky and fully mashed)
- Add the chopped onion, cilantro, lime or lemon, salt and mash some more. Chili peppers vary in their hotness. So, start with a half of one chili pepper, and taste and add as you go.
- Before serving, add the chopped tomato to the guacamole and mix and garnish with radishes and some more chopped tomatoes and cilantro.
Serve with crispy corn tortilla chips and enjoy!
Want the real deal? Head on down to Oaxaca Kitchen and let them do the Cinco de Mayo cooking for you!
Oaxaca Kitchen228 College Street
New Haven, CT 06510