Cirkopolis by Cirque Éloize Comes to Foxwoods Resort Casino
Foxwoods Resort Casino has it all! Shopping, Gaming, and world class shows. One of my favorite family friendly shows is Cirque Éloize, a contemporary circus troupe, who return to Foxwoods to premiere their latest creation, Cirkopolis, at the Fox Theater.
The shows will run from Tuesday, April 11 through Saturday, April 15 for a total of seven thrill-seeking performances all taking place during Foxwoods’ Kids Week! (See more on Kids Week at https://www.foxwoods.com/kidsweek/)
Cirkopolis may be one of Cirque Éloize finest shows, as they take their breathtaking blend of circus arts, theater and dance to a highly-stylized metropolis setting. Cirkopolis features twelve acrobats and multidisciplinary artists who rebel against monotony, reinvent themselves and challenge the limits of the factory-city as only they can.
Through the paintings, the artists push back the limits imposed by the factory city and free themselves from the routine monotony. Inspired by the classic film Metropolis, Cirkopolis juggles the circus, theater and dance. Through an inventive staging, accompanied by music and dream video projections, this spectacle, both profound and poetic, is a family friendly event appealing to an audience of all ages.
And for a once in a lifetime VIP experience, families are invited to participate in a behind-the-scenes meet and greet with the Cirkopolis cast prior to their opening performance on April 11 at 12:30 p.m. as part of the "Behind the Scenes Family Experience"
Cirque Eloize Cirkopolis Behind the Scenes Family ExperienceApril 11 • 12:15pm • Fox Theater
$30 – includes ticket to the 2pm performance
You and your children will be part of an interactive behind-the-scenes experience with the cast of Cirque Éloize Cirkopolis that includes the following:
- Walk the Red Carpet and be greeted by a cast of clowns as you enter the Fox Theater.
- Watch the cast engage in Chinese Pole, Hand-to-Hand and Diabolo Training.
- Get the inside tips on the practice of juggling and aerial acrobatics.
- Hear how the artists tackle the German and Cyr Wheel. Maybe mom or dad will be asked to take their hand at the wheel?
- Discover how the contortionists train to get into formation.
- Some lucky kiddos and parents will be asked to participate on stage.
- Everyone will have a chance to ask questions and have their picture taken with their favorite character.
NOTE – to purchase tickets to this, click on the BUY TICKET/ April 11th/General Admission link. Look for the drop down on the purchase menu to add this event.
Space is limited to 250.
350 Trolley Line Boulevard
Foxwoods Resort Casino
Mashantucket, CT 06338
Box Office: 1-800-200-2882
$35 VIP & $25 General Admission
Apr 11, 2:00PM
Apr 12, 2:00PM
Apr 13, 2:00PM & 7:00PM
Apr 14, 2:00PM & 7:00PM
Apr 15, 8:00PM